For many of us, the holiday season is a time for reflection, and goal-setting for the year to come.
As unusual and unpredictable as 2021 has been, there certainly were positive changes that some were quick to benefit from. Whether it was developing new skills or simply spending more time with family, opportunities were there in our work and personal lives.
And now with 2022 just around the corner, it’s a good time to review the year, appreciate what we have achieved, move past the negatives, and carry forward some of those positives.
Here are a few questions for you to reflect upon as you set your goals for the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead:
In your work life:
- How well did I meet my goals for 2021 in my business life?
- How can I be a wiser, more serving leader?
- What did I do to make my customer’s lives easier?
- Where have I added to my legacy?
- Where have I been inspired and where have I inspired others?
In your personal life:
- How well did I meet my goals for 2021 in my personal life?
- Where have I taken or missed opportunities to get stronger, smarter, happier or healthier?
- Where have I made a difference?
- How can I bring more of the authentic me to all that I do?
- Where have I shown love and caring to those around me?
Celebrate and acknowledge all that you have accomplished in this very challenging year.
May 2022 be a year of growth and success for you and yours. Happy New Year.
Dale Wilcox is president of WATMEC Limited. A Learning Strategist, she holds a CTDP from the former CSTD, and a Human Performance Improvement certificate from the former ASTD. For over 25 years she has been an award winner with WILEY and is certified to deliver and debrief all their assessments. Previously Dale was a Board member and inaugural chair of CSTD. She has over 45 years of Board member experience in both for profit and non-profits organizations. An entrepreneur at heart, this is her 4th business venture.